Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Catch me I'm falling

Gawd, Strewth, Shit, I don't really know what too say other than those prophetic words.... I've entered the dark and dangerous cave that's called exhaustion.
Everything I do physically is a chore and I have to conjour up all my physical & mental strength to punch out a training session. I feel drained, my HR when resting is low - I saw it at 38bpm's today, and when I train it's still darn low - tonight I 'ran' for 1.5hrs and my ave HR was 108bpm. The only thing that gets me up and going is to arrange to meet training partners for a run and/or ride.
I've tried several different methods - increased amounts of road racing, increasing my hill repeat reps, all in an effort to lift my HR and try to eek out some sort of physiological 'gain' from the session. All this seems to do is make me even more tired. So I have succumbed - From now I will lighten off my training load and get more rest to try and restore my energy levels to a similar level to that of pre Port Mac. This is short post as I'm starting to get pretty tired just typing this. I'll work on putting some more detail in my next post.
Until then, train safe, train hard, sleep tight !!
Matty

1 comment:

Jo Coombe said...

Matty
I met you at Vic Uni pool when you were rehabbing, then at Canberra Half last Dec. In short - your return from that horrific accident has been incredibly inspirational. And to GET TO KONA - wow. Well great news is, I'll be joining you in Kona - I qualified at IM France. I'm also in a hole energy- wise at the moment. But one thing that is motivating me is that my Melbourne Tri Club buddy - Dan Norman just had his own nasty accident, and is currently in rehab repairing a broken pelvis and dislocated hip. He is writing his own blog, and is aiming for Port mac 2012.
http://dan-norman.blogspot.com
I suggested he read yours - I think it will give him a lot of strength. Well done, and see you in Hawaii!