Monday, September 29, 2008

G'day All,

I'll start this off so that you guys can follow me over in Kona. I'll put down what I'm doing training and social wise, I'm planning on updating this every couple of days and put some of my thoughts and meaningful stuff in. Hopefully I can work all this blogging out, post some good stuff and put heaps of piccy's up. Tilly & Tom are blessed with quite good IT skills so I'll be leaning on them quite a bit.
As it stands I'm struggling getting some of my sponsors logo's up. I think my Major Sponsor http://www.rapidocycles.com.au/ is the only one missing out at the moment - sorry Robbie, I'll get this fixed !! On the subject of sponsors I must thank them - Robbie & Steve at Rapido Cycles, Pete & Paul at Elemental Nutrition http://www.afan.com.au/ , Stuart, Shane & Paul at Moonee Valley Council and of course WSTC who I always owe a hell of a lot to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey matty get onto this when you get there

Fuel Belt Announces Free Helium Give Away at Lava Java!

You’ve worked hard to get to Kona. Now that you’re here, you’ve got one of the most grueling races in the world to get through. Just say “Natural Energy Lab” and those words conjure up images of blistering asphalt, black lava fields and an unforgiving sun beating down on you.

As a Kona Qualifier, you deserve the best equipment for race day, so we’re offering a FREE 2-Bottle Helium Belt to the first 700 registered Ironman Hawaii competitors. This award winning design has been used all over the world! Just show your official wrist-band to our Fuel Belt staff – while supplies last!

“Athletes racing in Kona are some of the best in the world, and we’re happy to support them any way we can. Last year’s Helium give away was a great success, and we loved every minute of getting to meet athletes from all over the world who share our passion for the sport,” says Vinu Malik, founder and president of FuelBelt, Inc. Vinu will be competing in his 6th Hawaii Ironman this year.

The Helium Fuel Belt sets the standard for performance, comfort and style. Wear it on the run to keep your hydration, gels and salt tablets within easy reach – because anything can happen on race day! This is the same belt design that’s going to be worn by Chris McCormack, Craig Alexander, Chris Lieto, Bek Keat, Dede Griesbauer and so many others on race day. Stay hydrated for the most important race of your life!


Here are the details for claiming your free belt:

Where: Lava Java, 75-5799 Alii Dr

When: Wednesday, October 8th and Thursday, October 9th between 10am and 12pm (belts will not be available before or after these times!)

What you need to bring: Show up in person WITH YOUR OFFICIAL REGISTRATION WRISTBAND ON!